Going it alone or choosing to use a Migration Agent is often one of the first questions people ask themselves when looking to migrate to Australia.
One of the benefits of doing everything yourselves is the costs, however for some, getting an Australian Immigration Agent to do the leg work for you is the preferred, although slightly more costly option.
How much does it cost to use a Migration Agent?
The Migration Agents’ Registration Authority collects data from registered agents each year to compile a table of average fees.
It’s updated table is below and sets out the average fees charged by 70% of registered agents between September 2009 and August 2010. (Note: Fees quoted are in Australian Dollars and include GST)
Fees charged for work performed can vary as a result of a number of factors.
A Registered Migration Agent might charge lower fees due to:
- their inexperience as an agent
- the desire to enter a particular market
- their desire to assist in unusual circumstances
- the ease of that particular application
- the applicant having already partly completed the assignment
- the current marketplace fee levels.
An agent might charge higher fees due to:
- their level of experience as a senior registered migration agent
- the specific difficulties or complexities of a particular case
- the costs associated with running a larger business or practice
- the desire of the applicant for high personal levels of service
When obtaining any quotes from a registered migration agent, ensure you check whether there are additional charges that are not included in the quoted fees, for example; photocopying, phone calls and couriers.
Before choosing your agent, remember to check out our guide on How To Choose a Registered Migration Agent and please feel free to join our community of wannabe Aussie’s where you can ask any questions if you should have them.