Wanted Down Under continues to be spiking a lot of interest and an effort to help answer some of the recent comments from GDU visitors looking to apply for future shows, I thought I’d include instructions to help those looking to apply.
We can confirm that the BBC are looking for contributors for Series 7 of Wanted Down Under; People who are seriously considering making a move to Australia or New Zealand in the near future and are looking for help with making that decision.
Here’s what the Beeb say you have to do if you want to apply to appear on Series 7 of Wanted Down Under
Should you wish to be considered, please send us your full details (as required below). This information will be assessed and kept on file. If we feel we can take your application further we may be in touch with an application form for more details. If you have recently sent in an application form and we have not been in touch then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Before you consider applying please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Age: The main visa applicant must be under 50 for Australia or under 56 for New Zealand.
- Profession: Your job MUST be on the skills shortage list for either Australia or New Zealand.
- The main applicants must both be GENUINELY considering emigrating; THIS IS NOT a free holiday. Filming in the UK and Australia can be intense and the days are often long. Applicants need to be flexible, committed and open.
- Filming in the UK often occurs during the week, so this may require you to take a day or two off work.
- Filming in Australia/New Zealand will be over a week in 2012
We will not consider people who do not meet ALL of the criteria. If you think that you do, please provide us with the following information so we are able to consider you for future series;
Details we need to know:
- Names and ages of those members of the family considering emigrating.
- Contact details, including daytime telephone numbers and address.
- The area in which you currently live.
- The destination you are considering.
- A brief description of your job (particularly for the possible visa applicant).
- The main factors behind your desire to emigrate.
- Any issues holding you back.
- What stage, if any, you are at in the visa application process.
All details will be kept on file for future reference but not shared with any third party.
Please be aware that we receive many thousands of applications and it is impossible for us to enter into individual correspondence with everyone who writes in. If you do not hear back from us please assume you have not been selected on this occasion.
So there we go. Email your details to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: as of 3rd February, applications for series 7 of Wanted Down Under are now closed. Sorry you didn’t get much time this time around guys!
Incoming search terms for this article:
- wanted down under
- wanted down under apply
- wanted down under 2013
- wanted down under 2012
- wanted down under series 8
- wanted down under application
- wanted down under series 7
- apply for wanted down under
- wanted down under 2013 application
- wanted down under application 2013