Can I apply for permanent residency?

Welcome to Getting Down Under Forums The Lounge Can I apply for permanent residency?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #113970

    Hi guys, I’m a mining engineer and I live in Australia for 3 years and I currently hold a 457 visa. I worked 1.5 years for one company and changed job, so the second company sponsored me as well and now I’m employed by this company for around 1.5 years.
    Once I am in Australia for 3 years, can I apply for permanent residence? I heard I have to be working for THE SAME company for a minimum of 2 years. Is that true?
    Thanks in advance!



    Hi mate

    Is your employer willing to sponsor you?

    The Temporary Residence Transition stream may be the way to go.

    The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with Aussie immigration under the Temporary Residence Transition stream).

    Alternatively the skilled migration route may be an option for you?

    More info on the temporary residence transition stream here :-)




    Thanks Mark! Do you know where I can get a CDR example for Mine Engineering? I’ve searched everywhere and never found.



    Sorry for the delay Leo. I’m afraid not. I’ve also had a good look around and have drawn blanks.

    Only suggestion I make is use one of the other templates as a guide for the structure.

    This competency evaluation guide may also be useful:

    Best of luck


    Mark :good:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.